Studying abroad means being able to live a magical and unforgettable experience, also because it involves having to change your habits, speak a different language and immerse yourself in a reality opposite to the one where you have lived up to that moment.
Without a doubt, you have to organize yourself months in advance, so as not to be unprepared at the time of the transfer. To prevent this from happening, the first thing to think about is the language.
The latter must be learned well and even if most of the words and the way of expression will be learned there in the new country, however, you can start studying something in order not to leave at a disadvantage. In addition to this, however, there are also many elements to think about in order to better prepare.
The most useful tips for studying abroad
For many students, having the opportunity to go abroad and deepen their studies, in addition to being a dream, could also prove to be a great opportunity for future career development.
To be able to better enjoy this experience, there are some useful tips to adopt.
- First of all, it is necessary to be able to learn the language accurately, before leaving, or at least to know the most common words and idioms.
- Above all, you should practice learning how to ask for information, so when you search for a street, a place, or a specific point, you can make yourself understood.
- It will also be useful to start getting used to the idea of eating different foods, so if you have the opportunity, start tasting the typical products of that kitchen.
- The advice to be adopted, however, also concerns the things to do once you have arrived in the new country.
How to behave once in the new country
- First of all, it must be remembered that one came there to study, and therefore this must remain the main objective.
- But to try to get involved as much as possible in local activities, you can go to places, see museums, libraries, and try to speak as much as possible in the local language, in order to learn it better.
- The ideal would be to try to avoid speaking in Italian as much as possible and even prefer videos or films that are in the foreign language.
- Obviously, you will also have to avoid dangerous situations, especially when you are just starting out.
- This means avoiding isolating yourself with unfamiliar people or taking illegal substances or too much alcohol.
In any case, the study must remain the priority, and it is precisely for this reason that we must continue to work, trying to get the most out of the various exams and tests.
The ideal would also be to participate in cultural events that are part of local traditions so that you can immerse yourself in the customs and traditions of the population. Certainly studying abroad will not be easy, at least at the beginning, but this does not mean that it will be an unforgettable and above all perfect experience both for learning a new language and for expanding one’s knowledge.
Immersing yourself in another culture, trying it, and living it can be a really great way to increase your ability to adapt as well. It should not be forgotten, however, that the optimal preparation would be that which began months before departure so that by the time you have to leave, you will be at least ready.